If you haven't guessed it already, my name is Travis Manley. I'm a photographer (who isn't right?), a blogger (you're reading this aren't you?), a gamer, a husband, and a father. This blog is purely for my entertainment and maybe a few other people out there (hi mom). Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Video Game Toilets


I just read this great article over at Kotaku about toilets in video games written by Michael J Dolan.

I don't remember the first toilet I came across in a video game but now it seems like you can get five minutes into a game without running into one. Not only are toilets a staple in games you can almost always use them now. My favorite game toilets are in Dead Rising where you actually have to take a piss in a urinal to save your game! lol

I have to agree with Dolan that probably the most annoying toilet situation is in Heavy Rain were you have the ability to stop and take a piss in every toilet you see but not pick up the phone and call the police.

I understand why there are toilets in games, hell even Skyrim has chamber pots next to beds (everyone poops, right?) but why do they have to make toilets we can use? Does it really add anything to a game?

Here is the link to the original story: http://bit.ly/yUW5zi

*Photo from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment